Professor of Astronomy Department,
Phone: +38 (057) 707-55-37;
Elena Bannikova has graduated from the V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University, faculty of physics, with specialty "astronomy". Now she is a leading researcher at the Institute of Radio Astronomy of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and she is a professor of Astronomy Department, the Faculty of Physics of the University.
PhD in Phys. and Math. (2006). Thesis: "Evolutional models and fine structure of vortexes and jets of cosmic radio sources".
DSc in Phys. and Math. (2020). Thesis: "Toroidal structures in astrophysical objects".
Winner of the regional competition "The best young scientist of Kharkiv region - 2006" in nomination
"physics and astronomy".
Fellow of the young scientists grant by President of Ukraine (2009-2010) .
Principal investigator of the young scientists grant "Interaction of supernova remnants with molecular clouds" by National Academy of Ukraine (2009-2010).
Grant of NRFU “Astrophysical Relativistic Galactic Objects (ARGO): life cycle of active nucleus”.
Field of research - active galactic nuclei, N-body simulation, gravitational potential, vortex hydrodynamics, dynamics in ring galaxies, gravitational lensing, non-thermal radiation of jets.
Lecturer of two courses: "Celestial Mechanics", "Cosmology", "Gravity: from Aristotle to black holes".
- E.Yu. Bannikova, A.V. Sergeyev, N.A. Akerman, P.P. Berczik, M.V. Ishchenko, M. Capaccioli, V.S. Akhmetov Dynamical model of an obscuring clumpy torus in AGNs: I. Velocity and velocity dispersion maps for interpretation of ALMA observations, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2021, Vol. 503, P.1459–1472
- E.Yu. Bannikova, N.A. Akerman, A.V. Sergeyev Interpretation of ALMA velocity map for the obscuring torus in NGC1068, Astronomical and Astrophysical Transactions, 2020, Vol. 31, Issue 4, pp. 1-8.
- E.Yu.Bannikova The structure and stability of orbits in Hoag-like ring systems, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2018, Vol.476, P.3269 - 3277.
- E.Yu. Bannikova and A.V.Sergeyev Dynamics and formation of obscuring tori in AGNs, Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences, 2017, Vol.4, id.60. P.1 - 6.
- E.Yu.Bannikova and A.T.Kotvytskiy Three Einstein rings: explicit solution and numerical simulation, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2014, Vol.445, P.4435 - 4442.
- E.Yu.Bannikova, V.M.Kontorovich, and S.A.Poslavsky Helicity of a toroidal vortex with swirl, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2016, Vol.122, P.769 - 775.
- 7. Y.G. Shkuratov, A.A. Konovalenko, V.V. Zakharenko, A.A. Stanislavsky, E.Yu. Bannikova, et al. A twofold mission to the moon: Objectives and payloads, Acta Astronautica, 2019, Vol. 154, P.214 – 226.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich, S.A.Poslavsky Collapse and backward motion of axisymmetric toroidal vortices, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2013, V.117, No. 2, P. 378–384.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.G. Vakulik; A.V. Sergeev N-body simulation of a clumpy torus: application to active galactic nuclei, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2012,V.424, P. 820-829. The results in the form of animations are presented here: http://astrodata.univer.kharkov.ua/agn/torus/
- E.Yu. Bannikova, A.V. Karnaushenko, V.M.Kontorovich, V.M. Shulga A new exact solution of Kompaneets equation for a shock front, Astronomy Reports, 2012, V.56, P.496-503.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.G. Vakulik; V.M. Shulga Gravitational potential of a homogeneous circular torus: new approach, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2011,V.411, P. 557-564.
- S.A. Poslavsky, E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M.Kontorovich Acceleration and ejection of ring vortices as a mechanism for formation of jet components in AGN // Astrophysics, 2010, V.53, P.174-188.
- M.S. Mikhailova, E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich Determining the Inclination of the Kiloparsec-Scale Jet of the Quasar 3C 273 Based on Competition of Mechanisms for the Knot X-ray Emission // Astronomy Reports, 2010, V.54, P.481-488.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich Acceleration and ejection of interacting ring vortices by radial flow, 2009, Physics Letters A, V.373, P.1856-1860.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich, G.M. Reznik Dynamics of a vortex pair in radial flow // Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2007, V.105, P.542-548.
- E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich A dipolar vortex model for the obscuring tori in active galactic nuclei, Astronomy Reports, 2007. –V.51, P.264-273.