associated professor of Astronomy Department;
Phone: +38 (057) 707-55-37;
In 1996 Elena Bannikova has graduated from the V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, faculty of physics, with speciality "astronomy". In 2002-2006 she was scientific researcher at the Institute of Astronomy of the University. Since 2006 to the present time she is associated professor of Astronomy Department of the University and scientific researcher at the Institute of Radio Astronomy, National Academy of Ukraine.
In 2006 she has defended the PhD thesis "Evolutional models and fine structure of vortexes and jets of cosmic radio sources".
Winner of the regional competition "The best young scientist of Kharkiv region - 2006" in nomination "physics and astronomy".
Fellow of the young scientists grant by President of Ukraine (2009-2010) .
Principal investigator of the young scientists grant "Interaction of supernova remnants with molecular clouds" by National Academy of Ukraine (2009-2010).
Member of the International Astronomical Unionand the European Astronomical Society.
Field of research - active galactic nuclei, gravitational potential, vortex hydrodynamics
Lecturer of two courses: "Cosmology" and "Celestial Mechanics"
Main scientific publications:
1. Банникова Е.Ю. Распределение облаков в затеняющем торе активных ядер галактик, 2015, Радиофизика и радиоастрономия, Т.20, N3, С.191-204.
2. Bannikova E.Yu. and Kotvytskiy A.T. Three Einstein rings: explicit solution and numerical simulation, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2014, V.445, P.4435-4442.
3. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich, S.A.Poslavsky Influence of Orbital Motion on the Collapse of Ring Vortices in an Accretion Flow, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2014, V.118, No. 3, P. 584–589.
4. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich, S.A.Poslavsky Collapse and backward motion of axisymmetric toroidal vortices, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2013, V.117, No. 2, P. 378–384.
5. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.G. Vakulik, A.V.Sergeev N-body simulation of a clumpy torus: application to active galactic nuclei, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2012,V.424, P. 820-829. The results in the form of animations are presented here: http://astrodata.univer.kharkov.ua/agn/torus/
6. E.Yu. Bannikova, A.V. Karnaushenko, V.M.Kontorovich, V.M. Shulga A new exact solution of Kompaneets equation for a shock front, Astronomy Reports, 2012, V.56, P.496-503.
7. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.G. Vakulik; V.M. Shulga Gravitational potential of a homogeneous circular torus: new approach, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2011,V.411, P. 557-564.
8. S.A. Poslavsky, E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M.Kontorovich Acceleration and ejection of ring vortices as a mechanism for formation of jet components in AGN // Astrophysics, 2010, V.53, P.174-188.
9. M.S. Mikhailova, E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich Determining the Inclination of the Kiloparsec-Scale Jet of the Quasar 3C 273 Based on Competition of Mechanisms for the Knot X-ray Emission // Astronomy Reports, 2010, V.54, P.481-488.
10. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich Acceleration and ejection of interacting ring vortices by radial flow, 2009, Physics Letters A, V.373, P.1856-1860.
11. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich, G.M. Reznik Dynamics of a vortex pair in radial flow // Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 2007, V.105, P.542-548.
12. E.Yu. Bannikova, V.M. Kontorovich A dipolar vortex model for the obscuring tori in active galactic nuclei, Astronomy Reports, 2007. –V.51, P.264-273.