Fedorov Petro Mykolajovych
In 1977 he graduated from the Physics Department of M. Gorky Kharkov State University. In 1986 he defended a PhD thesis "Lateral refraction in daytime observations". In 2012 he defended Doctor-of-science Thesis “The XPM catalogue as an independent realization of the extragalactic reference system of coordinates in the optical and near infrared range of wavelengths”. He is a Laureate of the Fedorov E. P. Prize of NASU.
Since 1995 he has been working at the Kharkiv Karazin University on the positions: a senior research fellow, acting head of department, head of department, head of the laboratory of Astronomical Institute. Since 2004 - associate professor of astronomy. Hi is a member of the International Astronomical Union.
Scientific interests - the improvement of existing and creation of new independent realizations of the inertial system of celestial coordinates based on ground observations of stars, galaxies, and Solar System bodies; kinematics of the Galaxy.
He lectures a course on "Astrometry".
Main scientific publications:
1. The XPM Catalogue: absolute proper motions of 280 million stars / Fedorov P. N., Myznikov A. A., Akhmetov V. S. // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2009, Volume 393, Issue 1, pp. 133-138.
2. An investigation of the absolute proper motions of the XPM catalogue / Fedorov P. N., Akhmetov V. S., Bobylev V. V., Bajkova A. T. // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2010, Volume 406, Issue 3, pp. 1734-1744.
3. Determining the orientation parameters of the ICRS/UCAC2 system using the Kharkov catalog of absolute stellar proper motions / Bobylev V. V., Fedorov P. N., Bajkova A. T., Akhmetov V. S. // Astronomy Letters, 2010, Volume 36, Issue 7, pp.506-513.
4. Candidate subdwarfs and white dwarfs from the 2MASS, Tycho-2, XPM and UCAC3 catalogues / Gontcharov G. A., Bajkova A. T., Fedorov P. N., Akhmetov V. S. // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2011, Volume 413, Issue 3, pp. 1581-1599.
5. The XPM catalogue as a realization of the ICRS in optical and near-infrared ranges of wavelengths / Fedorov P.N., Akhmetov V.S., Bobylev V.V., Gontcharov G.A. // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2011, Volume 415, Issue 1, pp. 665-672.
6. Residual rotation of the Hipparcos/Tycho-2 system as determined from the data of the XPM catalogue / Fedorov P. N., Akhmetov V. S., Bobylev V. V. // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2011,Volume 416, Issue 1, pp. 403-408.
7. Fedorov P. N., Akhmetov V. S., Shulga V. M. The reference frame for the XPM2. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2014. Vol. 440, Issue 1, p.624-630.