Shklovskij Valerij Alexandrovich
Professor of theoretical physics department named after academician I. M. Lifshits;
He was born in Moscow in 1939, 24 August and he was studied in Kharkov State University since 1961 till 1966. His PhD thesis: “Phase transitions in nonideal crystals on the basis of Ising model”, Doctor of Science thesis: “Nonisothermal macrokinetics of heterogeneous phase transitions in condensed matter”. From 1969 to 2015 he worked at the positions from junior up to leading research scientist in the theoretical department of Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology (now A.I. Akhiezer Institute for Theoretical Physics NSC KIPT). Since September 2015 he is a professor of the theoretical physics department of Kharkiv National University named after V.N. Karazin. Since 1994 he is a professor of the department for low temperature physics concurrently.
Main theoretical works devoted to low temperature physics of normal and superconducting metals and crystallization physics of amorphous substances (glasses).
He is a member of the Scientific Council of the O.I. Akhiezer Institute for Theoretical Physics, NSC KIPT. He is a member of the Specialized Scientific Council of the B.I. Verkin Insitute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering. He is a member of the Specialized Scientific Council of the O.I. Akhiezer Institute for Theoretical Physics, NSC KIPT.
Total number of publications exceeds 80. He has supervised 3 PhD students.
Lecture courses: "Stochastic methods in physics", "Superconductivity", "Localization and mesoscopic effects in metals at low temperatures" and "Pinning and vortex dynamics in superconductors".
Selected scientific publications:
· Shklovskij V.A. “Hot electrons in metals at low temperatures” // Journ. of Low Temperature Physics” -1980.- Vol. 41, № 5/6 - P. 375-395.
· Shklovskij V.A.,Thermal instability of the phase-transition front in the decay of “frozen” metastable states, Sov. Phys. Dokl. 26, 1155-1158 (1981) ; Sov. Phys. JETP 55, 311-318 (1982)
· Shklovskii V.A. and Kuz’menko V. M., Explosive crystallization of amorphous substances, Sov. Phys. Usp. 32(2),163-180 (1989)
· Shklovskij V.A. Guiding of vortices and the Hall conductivity scaling in bianisotropic planar pinning potential. // Phys. Rev. B.- 2002.- Vol. 65, 092508. – P. 1-4.
· Shklovskij V.A. Influence of point-like disorder on the Hall resistivity behavior in an anisotropic planar pinning potential, // Journ. of Low Temperature Physics.-2003.- Vol. 131, № 5/6 - P. 899-905.
· Shklovskij V.A. and Dobrovolskiy O.V .Influence of point-like disorder on the guiding of vortices and the Hall effect in a washboard planar pinning potential., Phys.Rev. B 74, 104511-1-14(2006).
· Shklovskij V.A. and Dobrovolskiy O.V., AC-driven guiding of vortices and the Hall effect in a tilted washboard planar pinning potential., Phys. Rev. B 78, 104526-1–15(2008).
· Shklovskij V.A. and Sosedkin V.V., Guiding of vortices and ratchet effect in superconducting films with asymmetric pinning potential. Phys. Rev. B 80, 214526-1–13(2009).
· Shklovskij V.A. and Dobrovolskiy O.V., Frequency-dependent ratchet effect in superconducting films with a tilted washboard pinning potential. Phys. Rev. B 84, 104515-1-12 (2011).